The daughter of a man who was on board a boat intercepted by Israeli forces said she had been "crying from morning til night" since he was detained.
Mohammed Mokuzzal Ali, from Swindon, was part of a flotilla delivering food and medical supplies to the Gaza Strip when it was stopped just outside of Egyptian waters in the early hours of Wednesday morning. His daughter, Aleyah Knight, has not heard from him since.
According to human rights organisation Adalah, the flotilla passengers were taken to Ktzi'ot Prison in Israel, which they said was "notorious for harsh and abusive conditions".
The Israeli government had issued a warning that people who entered its waters would be detained.
The Foreign Office said it was supporting the families of those in detention.
The aid teams were warned and trained for the possibility that they might be intercepted while travelling to Gaza, Mrs Knight said.
"My dad was ready to risk anything and go through anything," she added.
The fleet, made up of nine vessels and 150 people from a range of countries, was being jointly run by the Freedom Flotilla Coalition and Thousand Madleens to Gaza.
The organisers initially said three of its boats had been stopped by Israeli forces 120 nautical miles off the coast of Gaza, but within hours, a live tracker showed that all nine boats had been stopped.
Mrs Knight said the last thing she saw on the boat camera was an Israeli soldier smashing the lens with a rifle.
"We saw him hitting it multiple times and then the feed was cut," she said.
The last known location of the boat Mr Ali was on was near Port Said in Egypt.
Facere perferendis praesentium error.
Posted on Oct 09, 2025